Frippicism: It is not your clients’ and prospects’ job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t forget you. A recent Wall Street Journal article entitled, “U.S. Recovery Stumbles Yet Again,” declared that despite the current economic recovery, unusually harsh winter weather at the start of this year caused our Nation’s GDP to shrink. Regardless of the ups and downs in the economic climate, or in the weather itself, your marketing efforts must be ongoing, consistent, and relentless. Here are a few strategies to help you market yourself and your business in any economy:
1. Don’t overlook the obvious. Go through your address book, database, social networks, and even your holiday card list – and confirm that everybody you know is familiar with your profession, what your specialty is, and who is the perfect prospect for you to best serve.
2. If you used to work in another industry, contact your satisfied clients from that industry to let them know that you are still available to serve them in a new capacity.
3. Keep in touch with your present clients more frequently, and don’t just ask them for referrals! The better your relationship with your current clients is, the more they will want to send you new prospects.
4. One of my friends in the advertising specialty business worked in a very creative office decor. Anyone who had seen it raved about it. Going up in the elevator of his building of 22 floors I had this conversation with a fellow passenger – I asked, “Do you work in this building, or are you visiting?” He said he had worked there for two years, so I inquired if he had ever heard of my friend Jonathan and his unique and memorable office. He answered, “No.”
My recommendation to my friend, and to everyone else who works in a large building, is to take the time every few months to go from floor to floor, office to office, and introduce yourself to your neighbors. You can easily quadruple your business within your own neighborhood and community.
5. Don’t forget to work on your sales presentation skills!
Imagine a training program that gives you 24/7 access to one of the most in-demand executive speech coaches and sales presentation experts. Fripp Virtual Training is designed to be immediately engaging and makes it fun to learn. If you are a novice presenter or a seasoned professional, you will find the content both practical and relevant.
Sign up for your complimentary seven-day trial and discover how Fripp VT can transform you and your team. Fripp VT delivers high-caliber comprehensive presentation and sales presentations skills training with built-in accountability. http://frippvt.com
“In my 12 years in sales and marketing, you are the most dynamic, charismatic, and knowledgeable sales presentation trainer and executive speech coach that I know. After your presentation skills training, both my sales and technical support team are closing more sales!”
– Bill Lewis, Director of Sales and Marketing, North America, Unitech America, Inc.
Executive Speech Coach and Hall of Fame Keynote Speaker Patricia Fripp works with individuals and companies who realize that powerful, persuasive presentation skills give them a competitive edge.