Sometimes the ideal opening line is already right in front of you. Pay attention to your conversations. Great content, including the perfect phrase to open your presentation, can pop up in the middle of a conversation. I spend a lot of time with my professional speaker friends and often in the middle of a conversation I’ll ask, “Do you ever say that in your presentations?” “No,” is the usual response. I say, “You should. It’s better than your content.” This is because, what you say that captivates your friends is exactly what an audience will love.
I share this video explaining how sometimes a great first line is waiting to be discovered in what you are already saying. Give your opening words extra attention. When you immediately engage your audience, you help to ensure the overall success of your presentation. Enjoy!
If you need to become a great speaker easily, conveniently, and quickly, FrippVT can help. Enjoy three free chapters on Stories, Openings, and Sales: http://frippvt.com
“I highly recommend FrippVT to everyone who speaks in public or has to. It just doesn’t make sense to be without 24/7 access to the wisdom and experience of the master professional that Patricia Fripp is.”
– Pat Lynch, President, Business Alignment Strategies
More to Help You With Opening Your Presentation
A few of the many complimentary resources on openings available on Fripp.com:
- Opening Phrases You Can Use – FrippVT Video
- How to Open Your Speech with A Statistic – FrippVT Video
- Open and Close Your Presentations with Power
- Use a Quote to Open Your Talk
- The Optimum Time to Capture Your Audience’s Attention
- Do Your Audience Members Tune Out Before You’ve Gotten Started?
- When Boring Will Not Do – Your Opening
Executive Speech Coach and Hall of Fame Keynote Speaker Patricia Fripp works with individuals and companies who realize that powerful, persuasive presentation skills give them a competitive edge.