Some presenters are silly enough to think that if they talk longer, they are giving more value or getting their point across more effectively. Actually, audiences of any size, from 5 to 500, are eager for content to be presented as efficiently and as memorably as possible.
Here are eight ways to make your message memorable:
1. Build rapport before you speak. Schmooze!
2. Make your message sound valuable by using specific language.
3. Remove the fluff and the filler and the nonwords.
4. Get comfortable with silence; pause.
5. Know who your audience is and what they care about.
6. Be clear about how to express your big idea, and strategize about how to sell it.
7. Open with impact, and get to the point fast.
8. Remember that all learning requires repetition and reinforcement.
As a speaker, it is your job to order, clarify, and intensify information for your audience.
If you want to become a great speaker easily, conveniently, and quickly, FrippVT can help. Enjoy three free chapters on Stories, Openings, and Sales: http://frippvt.com
“I highly recommend FrippVT to everyone who speaks in public or has to. It just doesn’t make sense to be without 24/7 access to the wisdom and experience of the master of professional that Patricia Fripp is. FrippVT is a must-have resource for all professionals.”
– Pat Lynch, President, Business Alignment Strategies
More Fripp Strategies to Add Value to Your Message
“Two Ways to Connect with Your Audience – Fripp VT Video,” “Do You Sound Intelligent, Powerful, Polished, Articulate & Confident?” and “How to Find Content for Your Speech – FrippVT Video” are just a few of the many complimentary resources on Fripp.com to help you add value to your presentations.
Executive Speech Coach and Hall of Fame Keynote Speaker Patricia Fripp works with individuals and companies who realize that powerful, persuasive presentation skills give them a competitive edge.